CanCraft – Business Development Manager – BevNET.com Beverage Industry Job Listing
Brewers Supply Group (BSG) CanCraft, is looking for a Business Development Manager to join our team in Seattle Washington! Come be a part of the growing Craft Brewing Industry from the start and Join The Tradition.
As a Business Development Manager, you will be responsible for developing strong relationships with new and existing customers and leveraging the relationships to proactively identify sales leads as well as new business opportunities for current portfolios. This role drives results by effectively communicating value offer to prospective customers and consistently maintaining customer satisfaction and retention goals. As a key member of the Packaging team, the Business Development Manager works closely with internal stakeholders to drive business results and deliver on strategic initiatives to support sales growth, profitability, operational excellence, and the overall growth strategy of the company.
This postion will be remote based in The Pacific Northwest.
We are proud to offer:
- Competitive Starting Pay between
- Extended benefits including medical, dental and vision.
- Generous RRSP with company matching
- 12 Paid Company Holidays
- Paid time off
- Positive, organized, team environment
- Stability of a 175-year-old company with the opportunity to grow your career
What you’ll do as a Business Development Manager:
- Identify, negotiate, close, execute, and manage relationships with prospective partners.
- Engage and support customers and internal stakeholders relating to packaging queries and business activities pre- and post-sale.
- Manage all packaging sales activities including responding to customer inquiries, presenting packaging value offering, following up on sales leads, responding to web site inquires, and reporting activity on new and existing business.
- Write and implement sales plans that are tailored to specific client needs and presents customer business reviews and presentations on an ongoing basis.
- Provide technical support to customers and internal teams relating to packaging products and services.
- Partner with the commercial team to effectively on-board new customers and business.
- Build strong customer loyalty by proactively engaging with customers through site visits and trade shows.
- Establish and manages customer forecasts, service/supply agreements, and inventory programs.
- Build and maintains appropriate sales activity, opportunities, customer records, and tasks in the company’s CRM.
- Maintain and expands customer relationships, ensuring customer loyalty by identifying customer needs and translating to a project or product.
- Proactively manage customer scope changes, identifies potential crisis/risks, and creates contingency plans.
- Collaborate with sales team on the development of sales financial objectives for annual budgets, scheduling expenditures, analyzing variances, and initiating corrections or adjustments as needed.
- Create sales, budget, revenue, and expense reporting with realistic forecasts.
- Meet or exceed assigned sales budget in target business segments.
- Assist with developing and maintaining sales and training tools for all packaging products and services.
- Develop knowledge, skills, and abilities by participating in educational opportunities, reading professional publications, maintaining personal networks, participating in professional organizations, and attending industry trade shows.
- Build online presence and industry knowledge through social media engagement relating to packaging products and events.
- Provide back up support for the commercial team as required.
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned to support the company and operational needs.
Things you will need to be successful:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business or related field required.
- 2 – 5+ years of work experience in the packaging industry, preferably in an account management or inside sales role.
- Technical packaging line experience beneficial.
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications, specifically in Word, PowerPoint, and Excel.
- CRM and ERP technology experience, preferably with Salesforce and Microsoft Dynamics.
- Valid driver’s license and passport are required.
- Ability to travel up to 20%.
Brewers Supply Group (BSG) is a subsidiary to Rahr Corporation (Rahr), a family-owned global leader in the production and distribution of barley malt and related brewing supplies in operation since 1847.
Our core values are the heartbeat of our business and culture: Quality drives everything we do; We do business ethically and treat people with respect; We believe that collaboration and relationships drive success; We encourage curiosity and creativity; We believe that sustainability is fundamental; We are competitive and want to win.